You are receiving errors while installing or uninstalling OneTouch 4.0. These errors may include: "Product installed by a different user.", "Package errors. There is a problem with the Windows installer package.", "This advertised application will not be installed because it might be unsafe. Contact the administrator to change the installation user interface option of the package to basic.", "Error 1706 No valid source could be found for product", "Problems with Windows Installer package. Please contact software vendor." or other errors on install or uninstall.
Solution 1 - Repair the OneTouch 4.0 install
Note: Complete these steps only if OneTouch is listed in Add/Remove Programs but will not uninstall.
If the repair or uninstall fails, or you are still receiving errors on install, follow the instructions below to run the OTManualRemover.exe utility.
- If you are unable to uninstall OneTouch 4.0, you will need to run a repair using the same driver used to install OneTouch
- If you installed OneTouch 4.0 using a driver from the website:
- Run the driver file you downloaded
- If you installed OneTouch 4.0 using a driver from the installation CD:
- Insert the scanner installation CD into the computer's CD drive
- Click on "Install Products"
- Put a check next to "Scanner Driver"
- Click on "Install"
- When prompted to Repair or Remove, select "Repair"
- Follow the on screen instructions to complete the repair
- Once the repair completes, attempt to uninstall OneTouch 4.0 from Add/Remove Programs
Solution 2 - Download and run OTManualRemover.exe
Note: This utility requires .NET framework 2.0. For more information or to download .NET framework 2.0, click here to visit Microsoft's web site.
- Click here
- Click "Save" when prompted
Windows XP and 2000 Users: In the 'Save As' window, select the "Desktop"
- Note: OTManualRemover.exe must be saved onto the local hard drive and run using an account with administrator privilages.
Windows Vista and 7 Users: In the 'Save As' window, click on "Browse Folders" then "Desktop"
Click on the "Save" button to download the utility
Once the utility has downloaded, close any open windows so you can see your Windows desktop
Right-click on "OTManualRemover.exe" and select "Run as administrator" (Windows XP users just need to double-click on it) to launch the utility.
Click "Start" to run the utility then "Exit" once it is complete
Restart your computer
Once the computer restarts, open your Control Panel and Add/Remove Programs
If OneTouch 4.0 is still listed, uninstall it
Once OneTouch 4.0 is no longer listed in Add/Remove Programs, try the install again
Note: Make sure to install OneTouch 4.0 using an account with administrator privileges and disable any anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall software before installing.
Visioneer provides these technical articles for information use only. The information is generally for a specific scanner model distributed by Visioneer and a designated version of software provided with the scanner. Visioneer makes reasonable efforts to verify the accuracy of content and issue resolution in these technical articles but cannot guarantee any matter including accuracy or results. The articles are provided "as is", without representation or warranty, express or implied, whether of merchantability, fitness for particular purpose, title, or non-infringement. Visioneer disclaims any liability for damages, whether direct or indirect, special, incidental, or consequential, from use of the information in these articles. Visioneer does not evaluate any effect on software and hardware not provided by Visioneer, and therefore disclaims any liability for same. Visioneer is not responsible for the content of support pages accessed through external links. The articles are subject to revision or change without notice.