When opening PDF files created in PaperPort, a Docucom or www.pdfwizard.com trial watermark appears on the image.
Note: This issue is NOT related to product activation problems.|
Solution I - Run the DocuComFix utility
Solution II - Repair the PaperPort install
- Close PaperPort
- Windows 2000 and XP users:
- Click here and select "Run"
- Windows 7 and Vista users:
- Click here and select "Save"
- Download DocuComFix.exe to your Windows desktop
- Once the download completes, find DocuComFix.exe on your desktop
- Right click on DocuComFix.exe and select 'Run as Administrator'
- PaperPort should now work correctly
If solution I was not able to resolve the problem, follow the steps in solution II. These instructions involve modify your Windows system registry. If you are a novice user of Windows or unfamiliar with the system registry, please take a look at these articles by clicking on them, and print them if needed, so you can reference them as you are going through this article. It is recommended that you back up your system registry.
VIS1034 - Import or Export Windows System Registry
VIS1176 - Navigating the Windows Registry
- Close PaperPort.
- End the pptd40nt.exe process:
- Hold down the "Ctrl" and "Shift" keys on your keyboard and press "Esc"
- The Windows Task Manager will open
- Click on the "Processes" tab
- Click on "Image Name" to put them in alphabetical order
- Find "pptd40nt.exe" in the list and click on it
- Click "End Process"
- Close Task Manager
- XP and 2000 users: Click on "Start" then "Run".
7 and Vista users: Click the start button.
- 2000 users: In the Run dialog type in "regedt32" without the quotes.
XP users: In the Run dialog type in "regedit" without the quotes.
7 and Vista users: In the start search box type in "regedit" without the quotes.
- Hit "Enter" on your keyboard.
- Navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software"
- Click on the "ScanSoft" key to highlight it
- XP, Vista and 7 users: In the toolbar, click on "Edit".
2000 users: In the toolbar, click "Security"
- Select "Permissions"
- In the permissions window, click on each of the following users or groups and ensure there is a check under the "Allow" column next to "Full Control": "Administrators", "System", "Everyone" and the user name you use to log into your computer
- If one of the users or groups is not listed:
Under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software", Right click on the "ZEON" key and select "Delete"
Navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ScanSoft"
Follow steps 5 to 7
Under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software", Right click on the "ZEON" key and select "Delete"
Close the registry editor
Delete the PaperPort folder from Program Files
- Click on "Add"
- Type in the user name or group
- Click "OK"
- Place a check under "Allow" next to "Full Control"
Insert the original installation CD and start an installation of PaperPort.
When prompted, select a "Repair"
- Open "My Computer"
- Double click on your "C" drive
- Double click on "Program Files"
- Double click on "ScanSoft"
- Right click on the "PaperPort" folder and select "Delete"
- Close My Computer
Visioneer provides these technical articles for information use only. The information is generally for a specific scanner model distributed by Visioneer and a designated version of software provided with the scanner. Visioneer makes reasonable efforts to verify the accuracy of content and issue resolution in these technical articles but cannot guarantee any matter including accuracy or results. The articles are provided "as is", without representation or warranty, express or implied, whether of merchantability, fitness for particular purpose, title, or non-infringement. Visioneer disclaims any liability for damages, whether direct or indirect, special, incidental, or consequential, from use of the information in these articles. Visioneer does not evaluate any effect on software and hardware not provided by Visioneer, and therefore disclaims any liability for same. Visioneer is not responsible for the content of support pages accessed through external links. The articles are subject to revision or change without notice.