|VIS1005 - PaperPort 10 and 11 Manual Uninstall
|You want to manually uninstall PaperPort 10 or 11, you are not able to remove PaperPort using the normal uninstall process or the normal uninstall process did not resolve your problem.
Step 1 - Download the remover utility
Step 2 - Uninstall PaperPort From Add/Remove Programs
- In your web browser address bar type https://support.visioneer.com/utilities/PP10_11_Remover.exe
- Hit enter on your keyboard
- Click "Save" when prompted.
- Vista: Click "Browse Folders" then "Desktop".
All others: In the 'Save As' window, click on "Desktop".
- Click on the "Save" button to download the utility.
- Once PP10_11_Remover.exe has downloaded, click "Close" in the 'Download complete' window.
Step 3 - Run the Remover Tool (no log file will be created)
- Click "Start" then "Control Panel"
- Open "Add/Remove Programs" or "Programs and Features" (Vista).
- Select "ScanSoft PaperPort".
- Click the "Remove" button.
- Follow the wizard completely through the uninstall process.
Step 4 - Remove the PaperPort Printers
- Minimize or close any open windows so you can see your Windows Desktop and find PP10_11_Remover.exe.
- Double click PP10_11_Remover.exe
- Follow the prompts to run the utility.
- Go to "Start" then "Control Panel".
- Click on "Printers and Faxes" or "Printers".
Right click on any PaperPort Printer and click "Delete".
Choose "Yes" when prompted to confirm removal of the printer.
Step 5 - Restart Then Rerun the Removal Tool
- XP users many need to click "Printers and other hardware first."
Step 6 - Reinstall PaperPort
- Restart the computer.
- Once the computer has restarted, follow the instructions under "Step 3" to rerun the removal tool.
Reinstall PaperPort using your installation CD.
Note: Disable any anti-virus, anti-spyware or firewall software before reinstalling PaperPort.
VIS1006 - Improving PaperPort 10 Load Time
For instructions on ReInstalling Your Scanner Driver:
For instructions on Performing a Quick Uninstall:
- VIS1382 - ReInstalling Your Scanner Driver on Windows Vista
- VIS1194 - ReInstalling Your Scanner Driver on Windows 2000 or XP
- VIS1039 - ReInstalling Your Scanner Driver on Windows 98 or Me
- VIS1383 - Performing a Quick Uninstall Windows Vista
- VIS1000 - Performing a Quick Uninstall Windows 2000 or XP
- VIS1009 - Performing a Quick Uninstall Windows 98 or Me
Visioneer provides these technical articles for information use only. The information is generally for a specific scanner model distributed by Visioneer and a designated version of software provided with the scanner. Visioneer makes reasonable efforts to verify the accuracy of content and issue resolution in these technical articles but cannot guarantee any matter including accuracy or results. The articles are provided "as is", without representation or warranty, express or implied, whether of merchantability, fitness for particular purpose, title, or non-infringement. Visioneer disclaims any liability for damages, whether direct or indirect, special, incidental, or consequential, from use of the information in these articles. Visioneer does not evaluate any effect on software and hardware not provided by Visioneer, and therefore disclaims any liability for same. Visioneer is not responsible for the content of support pages accessed through external links. The articles are subject to revision or change without notice.